Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My back brake light will not come back on after being changed.?

I have a 96 Plymouth Grand Voyager. My back brake light just resently went out and I got it changed but the light still will not come on. I thought it was the socket that the bulb goes into so I brought a new one but and changed it and it still will not comes on. When the night lights are on I see that the bulb works but its just not workiing for the brake light. Can someone tell me why or help please??
My back brake light will not come back on after being changed.?
Have you checked the fuse?
My back brake light will not come back on after being changed.?
Check your the fuse that controls the brake light. It might be the same bulb but have two different fuses assigned.
Recheck your installation of that bulb, you may have put it in backwards. This can cause the power for the marker lights to light up the brake element and when you press the brake pedal the dimmer marker element will look invisible. Also, check for a broken ground wire from the taillight assy. This can cause similar problems.
take a test light and see if you have power to the socket. if you don,t then it,s got to have a break in the hot wire or the ground.i use to take a piece of covered wire and slid 1 end down beside the bulb and grounded the other end someplace when the ground was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment