Friday, June 3, 2011

Brake Light fuse keeps blowing when I press brakes on my 94 Toyota Corolla?

I%26#039;m having a problem with my 94 Toyota Corolla: my brake lights don%26#039;t work -- I checked the fuse, it was blown, so I replaced it. As soon as I hit the brakes the fuse blows again before my very eyes. I tried changing the brake light switch under the pedal and it does the same thing so my current switch is good. I took my radio out to make sure there were no bare wires causing a short -- nothing there.





Also, my automatic shift wont move out of park unless I use the emergency release.





Any help would be great! Thanks!|||You have a short in the brake light wiring. DO NOT install a larger amp fuse than called for unless you want to make the situation worse by burning up your wiring. Take it to a good shop. They can locate and fix the problem quickly.|||Check to make sure you have the correct bulbs. Next try using a higher rated fuse increasing in 5AMP increments. Buy a box of multi rated fuses for probably no more then 5 bucks.|||bring it in to an auto electrician or mech.|||well you might be putting the wrong fuse in it, double check to make sure what amperage fuse you need(not what fuse was already in it!) than if it doesnt work get a lerger am fuse and drop in it to see if it still does it, if yoru having trouble putting it into drive and the bigger fuse doesnt fix it, soudn sto me liek a brake switch but i donno|||you have a bad ground some where between the brake lights ant the fuse, have fun hunting it down.......and just so you will know, stop spending money on fuses you have to repair the problem where its at because if you don%26#039;t you will just keep going through fuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment