Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is the dashboard meant to light up when I brake in my ford fiesta.?

I have a 2003 ford fiesta and whenever I recently changed the brake lights and now whenever I brake the dashboard and front sidelights light up. Have i just never noticed this before or is the wiring mucked up
Is the dashboard meant to light up when I brake in my ford fiesta.?
no

You either put in the wrong bulbs or put the bulbs in incorrectly.



The base of the bulb has 2 contacts that should align with the contacts in the socket. One is for the taillight and the other is for the brake light. There are two prongs at the base of the bulb 180 degrees from each other, one is high and one is low. these orient YOU to put the bulb in the right way so that it locks into position correctly and prevents crossover.



When you apply your brake the brakelight circuit is crossing over to the taillight circuit which is also lighting up your dash lights.



go back and carefully check them. turn your parking lights ON for reference. with the Parking lights on only the dimmer of the two filaments should be lit, the brighter thicker one is the brake light.
Is the dashboard meant to light up when I brake in my ford fiesta.?
change your recently fitted bulb and either fit it the correct way or get the correct bulb, its earthing.



have seen some bulbs were the 2 elements inside the bulb touch and make this happen.
have you changed the standard rear light cluster for one of them clear so called lexus style?? if yes seems you got a earthing problem, make sure the rear light have a good clean cable going to the body as a earth...this should solve your problem....
try putting a temporary ground on the bulb socket ,this is assuming you put the right bulb

No comments:

Post a Comment