Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my brake light stay on in my 2001 Nissan Maxima?

I just changed the rear brakes on my 2001 Nissan Maxima by procedure and the Parking/ Emergency brake light continues to stay on even though the handle is in the down position. The light was not on before the repair. Please help!
Why does my brake light stay on in my 2001 Nissan Maxima?
Watch the light it should dim slightly when the parking brake is lowered. IF so the fluid level under the hood may be just loe enough to turn on the dash warning lamp. Only use DOT#3 brake fluid from a new container. Not out of that old rusty metal can in the back of the garage.
Why does my brake light stay on in my 2001 Nissan Maxima?
I don't know specifically about that car but it sounds like the emergency brake is not fully released even thought the handle is all the way down . If a cable is involved I would look for slack or a stuck cable
You probably need new brake pads. When the pads get low enough, it makes the fluid level go down low enough and the brake light to come on.
  • networking
  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment