Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I change the left brake light on my 2004 VW Bug?

Be warned, this is an annoying bulb to change (not as bad as the headlight though!!) inside the trunk, behind the head light, there is a small grilled cover, pop this off, and look inside, you will see a small black plastic knob threaded onto a bolt, remove it, the bolt will now feel like it is attached to a spring (it is) once you have the knob off, use a sturdy PLASTIC flat object to gently pry the tailight housing out of the fender, it will kinda pop out when you get it (be careful not to mess up the paint) once it is loose, undo the rear bulb connector by turning it to the left about 30 degrees, and pulling it out, replace the bulb, inspect the connectors(common corrosion area) if all is good, then line up the bolt on a spring to go back through its little hole, and re-install.
How do I change the left brake light on my 2004 VW Bug?
Just me it isn't in there already looked...and thank you soo auditech (whatever your name is) it helped a lot

Report Abuse


How do I change the left brake light on my 2004 VW Bug?
Look it up in the owners manual

No comments:

Post a Comment