Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I make the emergency brake light on the dashboard of my 2002 VW GOLF won't stop blinking?

I recently changed the front headlight bulb, and soon after my emergency brake light on the dash won't stop blinking. I tried resetting the computer by unplugging the battery for a while and that didn't work. I am convinced I may have blown a fuse. What fuse controls the brake light on the dashboard? I can't find the answer in my owner manual anywhere.
How do I make the emergency brake light on the dashboard of my 2002 VW GOLF won't stop blinking?
did you check your brake fluid? usually the light will come on or blink if the fluid is low.
How do I make the emergency brake light on the dashboard of my 2002 VW GOLF won't stop blinking?
Take off the emergency brake! Sumthing is stuck!
fix the anti-lock brakes. You may be low on brake fluid because the pads wore down. If you just had brake service done, the repair guy didnt put the sensor back on right. they have nothing to do with each other, it is just a coincidence that the light blinks after the headlight stuff.
try pulling the release back as far as you can you might have hit it when you got in one time
Take your car to your friendly local volkswagen dealer
Hi, by emergency brake light on the dash i take it you're erferring to the light that glows when you've engaged the parking brake? If its so, then pull up the parking brake lever and when its locked in position slip your index finger underneath, close to where it meets the floor of the car, there should be a little switch there. This gets dirty sometimes and gets stuck in position so the dash blinks as if you're driving around with the brake yanked up... Hope this helps...
Fuse ain't blown otherwise the light would not come on. Did you check the brake fluid level in the container? could be you are low. Just coincidence that it would show now, but that would be a reason.....so that means you have a leak in your braking system somewhere. A wheel brake slave cylinder would be suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment